Friday, May 8, 2009

Carlos Cuarón's RUDO Y CURSI

Week in Review #35 includes my review for Rudo y Cursi. Check it out here. I caught Rudo y Cursi at the Minneapolis St Paul International Film Festival a couple weeks ago with Carlos Cuarón in attendance. The 2.5 stars is a generous rating on my part, but to be fair, I think most people will enjoy this film. I didn't so much.

Something kind of funny: The original poster (left) has Diego Luna aka Rudo grabbing his crotch, but it seems that has been photoshopped perhaps for the US release. If you go to the Sony US website (linked below), you'll notice he just has his hand pointing down. Marketers are so weird.

The film opens in NYC today and opens locally in the Twin Cities May 29th.

A recent New York Times article on Cha Cha Cha, the production company behind Rudo y Cursi that is run by Alfonso Cuarón, Alejandro González Iñárritu and Guillermo del Toro.

Official website for Rudo y Cursi.

Trailer for Rudo y Cursi on Apple.

1 comment:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Maybe if the hand was left on the crotch, it would get more attention and more viewers. I'm just saying...