Tuesday, August 11, 2009

MnDialog: Twin Cities Film Log: 8/6 - 8/8/2009

Twin Cities Film Log: 8/6 - 8/8/2009

More baloney from me on MnDialog if you don't get enough here. I regret not battling the Uptown Art Fair in order to see In the Loop, but hopefully it will be around for at least a couple more weeks. Sunday was reserved for the Fleet Foxes, which was well worth it. (I'll chime in on that soon as well.)

Next weekend is pretty huge: Ponyo, District 9 and a Bollywood movie that looks pretty rad called Kaminey. I am very excited about all three. Care to place wagers on which one(s) will fail to live up to my own personal hype?

3 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

My bet is on District 9, but what do I know?

joetron2030 said...

Really looking forward to (and planning on taking our girls to) Ponyo. I'm already somewhat disappointed that Disney "Disney-fied" the end credit song and made it some terrible auto-tuned version, apparently.

Kathie Smith said...

Ponyo is great! And to be fair, the end song is not the auto-tune version; it is an English adaptation but not far off from the ultra saccharin Japanese version...

I even think the English dub is okay, and given the number of young 'uns in the theater when I went, totally worth it.