Monday, September 13, 2010

DVD Picks for September 14, 2010

DVD: My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done (2009)
Distributor: First Look
Director: Werner Herzog

This collaboration between Werner Herzog and David Lynch solicited a WTF reaction from me when I saw it in the theater. Time to reassess!







DVD: Looking For Eric (2009)
Distributor: MPI
Director: Ken Loach

Very funny and very charming: a new approach for Ken Loach that won me over.







DVD: Return of the Five Deadly Venoms (1978)
Distributor: Dragon Dynasty
Director: Chang Cheh

Another Shaw Brothers title showing up in the US with the original soundtrack. Return of Five Deadly Venoms (aka Crippled Avengers) almost gives the original a run for its money.






New on Blu-ray: Breathless (1960), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) and Delicatessen (1991).

No comments: