Friday, February 20, 2009

Oscar Study Guide

In case you forgot, the Oscars are this weekend. If you love movies you can't help but watch the Oscars, even if all it does is reinforce the fact that the industry lives in a bubble. The Oscars tend to fill me with equal parts awe and disgust, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Here's some pre-game information so you can catch up on your Oscar trivia, or make you most likely to win the big prize in the Oscar pool:

  • GreenCine Daily Oscar Podcast. GreenCine is also hosting a live blog, which should be interesting if you have a lap top on hand at the party.
  • Oscar Predictions Galore. Moviefone. Box Office Prophets. EW. Loads and loads of predictions out there. If you are gambling for prizes, do a google search and check your odds.
  • Buzz Sugars Oscar Infotainment Extravaganza. This page is full of trivia, poles and tidbits that is more for entertaining than informative.
  • The Official Oscars website. More crud on here ever than before. The Oscars hit an all time viewership low last year, so the Academy is looking to gain some popularity even if it is in cyberspace.
I'm on a little bit of a break here. Enjoy the Awards. I'll be back in a while.

Thanks to Your Movie Buddy for the hilarious image. Check the site for more predictions!

3 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Well, I am not much invested this year. I've seen none of the movies...not that I didn't want to, but you know how it is. I think I may watch Amazing Race instead.

YTSL said...

Hi Kathie --

"If you love movies you can't help but watch the Oscars..."

Er... actually you can if, like me, the vast majority of movies in your diet aren't Oscar eligible and are ignored even when they are. :S

Kathie Smith said...

Touché!

I was glad to see Departures win best foreign film. As silly as it is, the win will mean that Japanese films will be taken more seriously by US distributors.