Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Home Movies - May

My picks for May are up on In Review Online: Home Movies - May. InRO's fearless leader, Sam, was in Cannes, so this week's is a double issue (to make up for all his slacking on Croisette.) Check out his coverage of Cannes as well as a new music podcast and a boatload of music and movie reviews.



The biggest news for May on the DVD front was the Criterion Imamura set which includes his career defining Pigs and Battleships, The Insect Woman and Intentions of Murder. I pre-ordered the set shortly after it was announce and have been working my way through the movies and the extras before I go back and watch them again. I'll offer my thoughts at some point, either individually or collectively.

I'm equally excited about Chris Marker's A Grin Without a Cat which I am going to pick up thanks to some birthday mad money. Not only does A Grin have re-watch value, but I will gladly pass this DVD around to friends. Unfortunately, the DVD is low on special features.

Check it all out here.

3 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

I expect you to bring something fun for us to view in July! I am hoping that you received your Amazon mad money?

Kathie Smith said...

Exactly the mad money I was referring to! Thanks!

Alessio Galbiati said...

(I can't find our email...)


Dear Kathie,

my name is Alessio Galbiati, I'm the co-founder - with Roberto Rippa - of Rapporto Confidenziale, an Italian-Swiss free (non profit) digital magazine about cinema in Italian laguage.
The magazine can be dowloaded at the following address: www.rapportoconfidenziale.org

I'm writing you because we just read your article on Jim Jarmush "The Limits of Control" and just loved it! We would like to publish it on Rapporto Confidenziale (magazine), also considering that it hasn't been released in Italy or Switzerland yet.

Our idea is to translate your review in Italian language; we'll inform you once it is online, of course! Obviously your website would be mentioned and, more obviously, you'll be acknowledged as author. Our magazine is published under Creative Commons license (Attribution-Non commercial-No derivative works).


If you have any questions about Rapporto Confidenziale and what we do, please let me know.
Honestly, I have visited your website thoroughly and found a lot of interesting writings and material, that's why I really count on the chance to cooperate on this occasion and hopefully on future other.

Thank and Best,

Alessio Galbiati


Rapporto Confidenziale - Rivista digitale di cultura cinematografica
Rapporto Confidenziale - Digital Magazine of Cinematic Culture
www.rapportoconfidenziale.org
info@rapportoconfidenziale.org