Here are some highlights from Cinema Scope 29:
- Interview with underappreciated Korean director Hong Sang-soo.
- Shelly Kraicer writes about Jia Zhangke's Golden Lion Winner Still Life.
- An overview of little-talked-about Mauritanian director Abderrahmane Sissako.
- For the TV watcher, Chuck Stephens writes about HBO's The Wire.
- An homage to Danièle Huillet, who died in October last year, with a previously recorded dialogue and an article on Huillet and Jean-Marie Straub's film These Encounters of Theirs (see cover image).
- An article on Tony Scott, in respect to his recent film Deja Vu.
- Jonathan Rosenbaum's excellent column "Global Discoveries on DVD" focusing on "Perversities".
- Feeding his ego, more on Slavoj Žižek.