Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm a Tweetin'!

Yes, like everyone else, I'm trying to make Twitter my friend. After spending almost two hours adding "Tweet This" to my blog template, I figured I may as well give it the ol' college try. (If you don't see the fruition of those two hours, the "Tweet This" shows up only if you click the title of the post and view it singularly. Whatever.)

Just a few particulars. My name at Twitter is TCFilmGeek. (Kathie Smith was taken...doh! Just think of the Minnesota Twins mascot as a film fan.) I'm looking to recruit locals to follow me, as I plan to use Twitter for announcements mostly on local film events. For example: "Tonight's your last night to see 'Hunger' at the Walker. Don't miss it!" or "Opening film at MSPIFF was awesome! See it locally when it opens July 17!" (I plan to use the Minneapolis St Paul International Film Festival as my testing grounds.) Obviously this could get kind of annoying if you don't live in the Twin Cities. That being said, hypothetically I will twittily tweet on other film/blog related items.

Try it out. Let me know how it goes.

1 comment:

Sandy Nawrot said...

Jeez. I was feeling good that I wasn't the last person on earth to Tweet. I am resisting, primarily because if I spend any more time on electronic entertainment, I will end up divorced...