Wednesday, February 14, 2007

300 the movie, you've been warned

"If Braveheart were stripped of its meat, spray-painted gold and served as the poorest of value meals at McDonalds, there's a good chance you'd end up with something resembling 300." (Cinematical) Ouch. The trailer for this (yet another) Frank Miller adaptation by Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead 2004) has been around for a while. It was playing heavy at the cineplex a few months back, and my first impression was "cool!" Okay, maybe not. But then you have one of the fine journalist from Ain't It Cool News reporting: "I just saw a movie that'll give your eyes boners, make your balls scream and make you poop DVD copies of The Transporter. It's called 300. I don't know what the title has to do with the movie, but they could've called it Kittens Making Candles and it'd still rule." Right.

Whether it is good or bad, I'm pretty sure my balls won't scream. In my opinion, neither of the above takes on the film bode too well for 300. Which is too bad, because Snyder has signed on to adapted Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' awesome graphic novel Watchmen. I would love to see Watchmen adapted to film, but not if it's going to be a bucket of crap.Judge for yourself when 300 opens March 9th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can bet your bottom good ol' American dollar that I will check this film out myself on March 9th!! Personally, I CAN'T WAIT and I admit to being a tad jealous that you've managed to see it before the rest of us!